We love looking at the digital landscape and how it is changing every year, specifically in relation to your social media strategy. In 2016 we saw the introduction of Facebook live videos, Instagram stories, Instagram sponsored posts and a general move to optimising everything for the”smartphone first” consumer.
In 2017 social media platforms will continue to evolve, and it can sometimes be difficult to stay abreast of it all. We came across this great post highlighting some statistics across key social media channels and thought it a good share for planning your social media strategy in 2017.
Take a look at the full article by digitant.com here, or skim over the shortened key point overview below:
The essential Social Media Platforms
- The Organic reach of Facebook Page post is 2%
- The average post reach of total audience is 10.71%
- Facebook Page videos generate 16% more engagement per post than images
- Videos secured the most reach, followed by photos, links and status updates
- Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images
- Tweets with images receive 18% more clickthroughs, 89% more Likes, and 150% more retweets
- 60% of consumers expect brands to respond to their query within the hour
- Ideal tweet length: 100 characters
- Click through rate is highest on Wednesdays
- Tweet that doesn’t include a # or @ mention will generate 23% more clicks
- B2B buyers are turning to LinkedIn for content that will help them move forward in the buyer’s journey – and 57% are doing so on a mobile device.
- LinkedIn is home to 467 million members in more than 200 countries, meaning it’s a great place for global brands to distribute content.
- 20 posts per month can help you reach 60% of your unique audience.
- On average, people miss 70% of their feeds
- Images with a single dominant color generate more likes than images with multiple colors
- Images with a high amount of negative space generate more likes
- Photos showing faces get 38% more likes than photos not showing faces
- Photos see more engagement than videos on Instagram
- The most common posting frequency for brands on Instagram is 11–20 times per month
- Instagram audiences are more engaged on Mondays and Thursdays at 2 a.m., 8–9 a.m., and 5 p.m.
- Product Pins with prices get 36% more likes than those without
- 67% of Pinners consult Pins on their mobile devices while shopping in stores
- A call-to-action Pin description can increase engagement by 80%
- 83% of users would rather follow a brand than a celebrity
- Users who Pin 15 to 30 times a day get the best results
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. to 1 p.m. are the best times to post, and Saturday is the best day